Award Criteria and Form Downloads
How about "tossing around" the name of someone you would like to see receive an MSRT award!
The MSRT is proud to present a myriad of Awards each year at the Annual Meeting and Fall Educational Conference. These awards recognize exceptional imaging technologists and student technologists. All of the awards require certain requirements and date sensitive deadlines to be met. If you require assistance with this process, contact the MSRT Awards Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org
All award submission material, unless otherwise specified in the specific award rules sheet, should be sent to MSRT Awards, 300 33rd Avenue So., Suite 101, Waite Park, MN 56387.
A brief description of each award follows. You are encouraged to download official award rules and application forms from the Download Award Forms entry at the bottom of this page.
- Scientific Essays Student technologists and radiologic technologists are encouraged to submit scientific essays on subject matter pertaining to radiologic technology. Submitted essays are judged by a panel of MSRT members. The top three essays in each category are presented at the MSRT Annual Meeting and Fall Educational Conference. Be sure to download the Scientific Esaay Application Package listed below.
- Scientific Exhibits Student technologists and radiologic technologists are encouraged to prepare and present an exhibit on subject matter pertaining to radiologic technology. These exhibits are displayed at the MSRT Annual Meeting and Fall Educational Conference.
- Life Membership This recognition is awarded to an active member of the MSRT, who has served the society in a leadership role and has performed outstanding and sustaining service to the society.
- Honorary Membership This award is presented to a person who has maintained an interest in the activities and aims of the society for a minimum of five years and has performed outstanding service to the society at the district and/or state level.
- Technologist of the Year Technologist of the Year is awarded to a technologist who has made contributions toward the growth of the society, commitment to the profession, outstanding service to the radiologic field at his/her place of employment, through the community and/or at the state or district level.
- Student of the Year This meritorious award recognizes a student of radiologic technology who has exhibited outstanding service to the field of radiology by participation at his/her educational institution or in the professional societies at a district, state or national level.
- Patricia Daun Memorial Award This award is presented to a student technologist or radiologic technologist who displays the qualities of sincere humanity such as sensitivity, honesty, integrity, desire for continuous growth, a warm smile and a sense of humor. This technologist is truly "Someone I'd want to be with!"
- Sandra Jones Ireland Award The purpose of this award is to recognize an individual who has prepared an original article or publication related to the radiologic technology profession specifically for use in the official journal of the MSRT, the High Tension News.
- Minnesota Radiologic Society Award This award, presented by the radiologists of the Minnesota Radiological Society, gives recognition to a MSRT member technologist who shows a special loving care with patients by taking the time to listen, comfort and complete exams in a professional manner. This person takes the extra effort to assist patients by sharing a part of him/herself.
- Minnesota Society of Radiologic Technologists Scholarship This schorlarship will award one (1) $1,000.00 scholarship to a student currently enrolled in an accreditied Radiologic Science program in the state of Minnesota and one (1) $1,000.00 scholarship to a registered technologist enrolled in an approved advanced course of instruction in the radiologic sciences. Be sure to download the MSRT Student Scholarship Application Package and/or the MSRT Technologist Scholarship Application Package documents listed below.