Company Name: American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
Position Title: Exam Development Coordinator- Radiation Therapy or MRI
Location: St Paul, Minnesota 55120
The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) is seeking a Registered Technologist with
credentials in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MR) or Radiation Therapy (T) to join our team as an Exam
Development Coordinator. This position is considered hybrid and has on-site requirements in our St.
Paul, Minnesota office and plays a key part of our Examination Requirements and Psychometrics team.
As Exam Development Coordinator, you'll be an important part of the team that creates ARRT certification
and registration exams. Using your technologist expertise and attention to detail, you'll
Serve as project lead for select ARRT exams
Work with committees of subject matter experts in the development and evaluation of test forms
which you will prepare
Help ensure the accuracy, security, content specifications, and clinical requirements of our exams
and related materials
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure the Security of Examination and Exam Items
1. Shred documents containing items and confidential information according to retention policy.
2. Ensure all item writers and committee members have signed contracts while working with ARRT.
3. Work with the Exam Security Team (EST) to document and research possible exam security cases.
4. Compare potential security risks to ARRT examinations or exam items.
5. Communicate if items have been exposed to Executive Leadership to determine if they should be
removed from the item bank.
6. Take appropriate action if the EST identifies potential copyright infringement or exam subversion.
7. Use secure and tracked delivery methods when sending items outside the ARRT.
8. Remain vigilant when processes are changed and consider potential security concerns associated with
Examination Scoring and Reporting
1. Review item statistics and examinee comments for assigned disciplines to ensure item keys and exam
content are accurate.
2. Review technical examination reports.
3. Recommend enhancements to scoring procedures and reports.
1. Monitor item bank and item banking activities (item codes, illustrations, item comments).
2. Determine item and image needs; prepare reports outlining the number of items and images, and
3. Collaborate with department staff to recruit item writers.
4. Conduct or assist with item writer training.
5. Work with department staff to ensure that item writers have received their scheduled compensation.
6. Facilitate individual and group item review by subject matter experts.
7. Proofread and edit all approved items before use on an exam.
Production of Examination Materials
1. Oversee preparation of exam forms.
2. Proofread drafts of exam forms for grammar, syntax, and image rendering.
3. Review forms for item overlap and cluing.
4. Proofread and review forms for non-assigned disciplines.
5. Review final draft of forms in vendor software.
6. Review forms at the testing center prior to examinees seeing the form.
1. Collaborate with department staff to identify and recruit potential consultants for committee
2. Monitor committee rotation schedule and identify possible replacement appointments prior to Board of
3. Assemble draft examination forms.
4. Review exams and comment on items prior to meeting in accordance with psychometric and editorial
5. Plan activities and organize materials for committee meetings.
6. Facilitate committee meeting activities and hospitality (including evening or weekend hours, as needed).
7. Monitor exam development and item banking activities following meetings.
Exam Content and Eligibility Materials
1. Participate in and oversee periodic (~5 years) practice analysis projects for assigned disciplines,
including committee selection, meeting facilitation, survey development, data analysis, and report writing.
2. Review and update task inventory, content specifications, and clinical requirements with committees of
subject matter experts.
3. Assure accuracy of published task inventory, content specifications, and clinical requirements.
4. Review and approve sections of certification handbooks and other written materials pertaining to
Continuous Quality Improvement
1. Watch for opportunities to improve processes.
2. Communicate potential opportunities for improvement to team members.
3. Collaborate with team members to determine what changes are appropriate.
4. Participate in the execution and/or evaluation of the improved process.
1. Write, review, or edit other ARRT documents as requested, including website material.
2. Assist with or prepare memos and reports for the Board of Trustees.
3. Assist with standard setting meetings, including committee selection.
4. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree
• Current ARRT certification and registration
• Five or more recent years of experience in radiologic technology
• ARRT certification and registration in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MR) or Radiation Therapy (T)
• Experience in education, training, or instructional coordination
• Other additional ARRT certification and registration such as: Bone Densitometry (BD), Breast Sonography
(BS), Cardiac Interventional Radiography (CI), Cardiovascular Interventional Radiography (CV),
Mammography (M), Nuclear Medicine Technology (N), Quality Management (QM), Radiography (R),
Registered Radiologist Assistant (R.R.A.), Sonography (S), Vascular Interventional Radiography (VI), or
Vascular Sonography (VS)
Skills and Abilities
· Proven record of sound judgment, analytical thinking, and task/goal completion
· Ability to build and maintain relationships
· Ability to guide, facilitate, and direct the work of committees
· Strong technical capabilities including Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, SharePoint, Teams) and item banking
· Ability to follow, create, and improve processes and procedures
· Adaptable and detail oriented with strong organizational understanding
Review a full job description, which includes additional information and physical demands. This
position is hybrid with required onsite work and the possibility for some remote work- approximately 50%.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION http://www.arrt.org/about/jobs-at-arrt
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/EOrmljfWRQzM8UYExCXPaY